Archive of August 2009
BrewTroller August 24
My efforts to automate my home brewing have begun. I ordered a BrewTroller kit and it arrived on Friday so I spent the weekend assembling it.
The finished article.
Very pleased it worked first time. Thought it wasn't working until I adjusted the contrast on the LCD, then all the text appeared :D
I've done a write up of the build with more information and pictures.
Second all grain brew August 16
Did my second all grain brew yesterday, using my shiny new mash tun and strainer setup.
This one was another Barley Bottom kit, Gob Hoblin and it went very well, better than the first one as the mash didn't get stuck and it all ran into the boiler smoothly :)
Wort Pump August 3
Bought a nice new Totton pump from ebay the other day to pump wort around when home brewing. Made a stand for it and wired it up yesterday.
The 'S' in the cable is a simple cable strain relief so pulling on the wire won't pull on the wiring inside the switch.
It's magnetically coupled and food safe. Should help with stuck sparges and save me having to lift full buckets of near boiling liquid.